Start Your Recovery
When I took over Golden Gate Physical Therapy in 2004, I envisioned a clinic with a sense of ohana, which means family in Hawaiian. I believe every patient should be treated like they are a part of our family, and this is the welcoming spirit that guides our patient care every day. Your health and well-being are important to us and we want to give you the careful, personalized attention you deserve. We are proud to be the exception among San Francisco physical therapy clinics, devoting professional attention to every patient at every visit. Read about our higher standard of care and our promise to you.
—Adrian Carvalho, Owner and Physical Therapist Golden Gate Physical Therapy
If you’d like to know more about how we might approach treatment of your physical issue, we invite you to schedule a free phone consultation with one of our experts.
Your First Visit
- Please arrive early to allow time to complete the forms in our office
- Complete it and bring it with you
- email it to us before your visit.
Although it may take 30-60 days to receive a bill for your deductible, all co-pays are expected at the time service or treatment is provided.
Billing and Insurance Claims
As a courtesy to our patients, Golden Gate Physical therapy will file claims with patients’ insurance company for services rendered and help patients get direct payments from the insurance company. Ultimately, patients are responsible for their charges.
The first step in this process is making your initial evaluation appointments which will last 45 minutes with one of our physical therapists. Once your appointment is scheduled and your insurance information has been provided we will verify your benefits with your insurance company. Our billing process is as follows:
- We send your visit charge per session, which is determined by your therapist, to our billing company
- Your billing company submits the charges to your insurance company
- We receive payment in 30-60 days from your insurance company
- You will receive a bill for all balances due, once all insurance payments for a series of treatments have been received by GGPT. These balances and co-pays are the patient’s responsibility.
We accept most PPO insurance carriers. Please inquire with us to check your PPO coverage.
Other Insurance We Accept
- Workers Compensation
We’re Here to Help
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding insurance coverage. We will be more than happy to ensure that you understand your coverage and claim procedures. Contact us with any questions.